Summer Coffee Dessert
Dark Chocolate & Coffee Granita
A great recipe for summer barbeques, this delicious dark chocolate and coffee granita is simple to make which can be prepared in advance. It’s the perfect dessert to store in the freezer for those hot summer days and impromptu barbecues.
235ml freshly brewed black coffee
150g granulated sugar
150g cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
85g good quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Add coffee, sugar and cocoa into a medium saucepan and place over a medium heat. Whisk until the sugar has completely dissolved and a smooth consistency is achieved. Add the vanilla extract and chocolate and again, whisk until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for two hours.
- Once chilled, transfer the mixture into a plastic container and freeze for five hours, briefly stirring the mixture with a fork once every hour.
- Return to the freezer for a further 3 hours or until completely frozen.
- Use a fork to break up the granita before serving and serve in chilled dishes to prevent granita melting. Serve and enjoy.
rijo42 coffee beans are available to buy online at www.rijo42shop.co.uk.
Subscribe to our blog for more great coffee recipes.